New members

You can talk about anything here
Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Re: New members

Unread post by Richl35 »

MDSRACING398 wrote:You have never been on a run with her, How can you even make a stupid statement like that? All the new people can learn a lot from her, number one don't be scared of the unknown!

I hope you realize I'm joking. I would rather just not say something than to be a jerk so if something ever comes off that way read it from the other side.

But I have to admit that's impressive pile of parts she came out with. I'd be a little scared...
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Cassandra s personality is one I relate to. My two boys and I joined years ago with a 74 CJ-5 2" springs and 32s. We were bad :) The need to compete is in some DNA and my avatar shows a couple mods along the way. This club and its members took us where we needed to go to get the experience we were looking for. All the while saying things like , You dont want to go in there with Mona. I took their advice . One day I heard , You can do that trail. Seemed overnight , but Ive never been pushed , just guided and coaxed into the wheeler Im thinking I am today. Dont , for one second think you can play this game without damage . It may take time , but dents are just a reminder of the fun you had. Drive , get experience , modify as needed. They all look the same after a while but the friendship grows every time out ! FjR68
Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Unread post by Richl35 »

ImNotCassie wrote:In fact I did. Jeep took damage, not the trails.

Cassandra, if it came off wrong I apologize. I meant everything I said in fun. The tread lightly comment was based solely on the fact you brought out what you brought in. You know like fenders, steps, parts I don't even recognize, etc.. It was a joke. Not meant to say you were tearing up trails.

I still don't think I would follow your lines though... Just Kidding.. ;)
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I figured as much, no offence taken. The parts unknown are the inner fenders, the steps was just a bad idea as they were bought before I caught the bug. My line choice has improved but there is certainly room for more improvement. My goal this year is to keep my damn fenders on. I have been told it looks bad if the DOT's Jeep is losing parts on the trails.
RandyCarol wrote:Cassandra is relatively new (as I am) and is a good example of someone who tested their limit and comfort zone and built according to their needs. If you ever wanted to see what a stock jeep could do you should have been around 2 years ago when that pic was taken.
Before the trip I asked all the same questions, what should I mod first. I was told go out, watch others, see what you want to accomplish and build towards that. At one point on the Rausch trip, Mark went up a ledge that was about as tall as his jeep. I said then, "That's what I want to accomplish." and the mods happened over the winter.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

ImNotCassie wrote:
Before the trip I asked all the same questions, what should I mod first. I was told go out, watch others, see what you want to accomplish and build towards that. At one point on the Rausch trip, Mark went up a ledge that was about as tall as his jeep. I said then, "That's what I want to accomplish." and the mods happened over the winter.
You do any mods over this winter? A run wouldn’t be the same if you don’t lose a fender
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member

No mods the winter, new skids in a few places is about it. The existing are pretty banged up from before the lift went in. Been making a list though. Just replacing weak components for stronger versions really.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
Hank
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Hank »

Tell me you at least fixed the axle again ;)
-- Hank
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member

Fixed .... yes. Upgraded? Not yet. I think there is a set sitting in a garage somewhere, though
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
Cannoli
BSJ BOD Treasurer
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Cannoli »

New folks, don't be fooled by all the banter. Speaking from experience, following Cassandra is great for first timers. She intentionally took the easier lines so I could follow and learn. When she took a harder line she gave me advance notice and still pointed out the easier line. By following her, she could also see my driving and give me pointers. Once she learned my ability and comfort level, she point out alternate lines and say things like "this is the easier line, but you can handle this line if you want to try it" So to all you new guys and gals ... DO follow ImnotCassie!
download.png
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member

Omg Chris, thanks! I'm happy to do it. See you and everyone else out there. I'm working on a few things to make our Anniversary season one that stands out. The Class VI roads are the place to start, stocker or not.

Ps... I don't think rich or anyone else means anything negative. Context gets lost in the written word.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

ImNotCassie wrote: See you and everyone else out there. I'm working on a few things to make our Anniversary season one that stands out.

I'll see if I can dig out some old pictures from 20 years ago. I'll have to convert to digital as they're going to be real "pictures" . :music-rockout:
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
NotThePainter
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by NotThePainter »

MDSRACING398 wrote:I know first hand the new director of trails is working on fixing and improving the information.
That's wonderful news! I had an old bookmark for trail descriptions but that page is gone now. It really helps out the new people to the club who don't know all the "stuff." If there is anyway I can help, just PM me, even just proof reading if that's what you need.

Thank you so much!
Agnes is her name. YJ with a rock trac, sm465, flat belly and a disregard for minor body damage.