Superwinch? Anyone know what happened?

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Superwinch? Anyone know what happened?

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Just saw Superwinch post this on FB Am I reading this wrong or did they just at least temporarily go out of business?
Effective February 22, 2019, Superwinch Group, Inc. ceased operations in Portland, OR. However, this is not the end of the Superwinch brand. Westin Automotive Products, Inc., headquartered in San Dimas, CA, is in the process of acquiring specific assets, IP rights, and branding of SUPERWINCH. Westin looks forward to re-establishing the Superwinch brand’s business relationships with our automotive and industrial partners and is eager to integrate SUPERWINCH with the Westin family of products.

During the transition process, SUPERWINCH will be unable to accept new orders, process warranty claims, or make inventory transactions of any kind. Customer service coverage may be limited as well, but we will do our best to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. We would like to thank our loyal customers for standing by us through this process and hope to one day meet and exceed your expectations for the standards our brand has established over its many years.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Re: Superwinch? Anyone know what happened?

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

I was in contact with them about Fall Crawl and all seemed well. I went to return a phone call to them and the whole phone system was down. So I think it was a surprise to there employees also.
They have been gone from Ct for a bit now. Company was bought and moved to Oregon last year I believe.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

Same think on their website..
https://superwinch.com/

"Effective February 22, 2019, Superwinch Group, Inc. ceased operations in Portland, OR. However, this is not the end of the Superwinch brand. Westin Automotive Products, Inc., headquartered in San Dimas, CA, is in the process of acquiring specific assets, IP rights, and branding of SUPERWINCH. Westin looks forward to re-establishing the Superwinch brand’s business relationships with our automotive and industrial partners and is eager to integrate SUPERWINCH with the Westin family of products.

During the transition process, SUPERWINCH will be unable to accept new orders, process warranty claims, or make inventory transactions of any kind. Customer service coverage may be limited as well, but we will do our best to respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. We would like to thank our loyal customers for standing by us through this process and hope to one day meet and exceed your expectations for the standards our brand has established over its many years."
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Was thinking to myself, Oh SH!T I have a SuperWinch...

I just went to the Superwinch site and it looks like it's up and operational. I think another company just bought them out...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Bob-O fear not . JP mag just stated while they were gone , They (SW) are back . There are getting up and runnin a full line by Dec so you should be good. FjR68