Center console lock rattle

Apmurphy317
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Center console lock rattle

Unread post by Apmurphy317 »

This is a small issue that is driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to stop the center console lock from rattling? I have an upgraded subwoofer and at higher volume it sounds terrible. I cut the fins off the underside of the armrest cover and wrapped everything in sound deadener, filled the lock itself with grease, tightened up the rubber bumpers to keep the whole lid from rattling, but the little button itself vibrates so much I have to put my thumb on it to keep the noise down. Not very practical with a manual. I don't keep anything in there because the space is so small, so I'm open to screwing it shut permanently somehow but would need a button delete or some sort of plug to fill that giant hole. Anyone else deal with this or am I just being crazy?
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Center console lock rattle

Unread post by BlackKnight »

My Sub is the under-passenger seat 10" Kicker. I've had it up pretty loud and haven't heard any rattling in the center console. Not sure what to tell you...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars