4:1 T-CASE/TOM WOODS DRIVESHAFT

Widow Maker
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Widow Maker »

Friend's shop got the Retainer case piece installed after removing the broken one on my Rubicon 4:1 Transfer Case and T-Case is already installed on my Jeep. They pulled my Tom Woods driveshaft and Rob sent it back to Tom Woods last week to get it sized and have the Rubicon flange installed on it. Going to set me back $160 for this service which I don't feel is bad at all - they will also clean and grease it as well.

I called Tom Woods Company myself last week to find out what they needed from me to make these mods and I was happy to speak to the man and the legend himself - Tom Woods - he picked up the phone and we had the nicest chat - he is so helpful and a gentleman!

Troy at Tom Woods called me today to tell me they have the shaft and just needed the length in order to make the mods on the driveshaft which turned out to be 19 3/4's. I have to say their service is great so far!

Yukon Chromoly replacement front axle shafts was installed as well while we are waiting for the drive shaft. My Jeep should be good to go after driveshaft is reinstated. Then just waiting for her owner to take her out on the trail and see how she will perform!
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Re: 4:1 T-CASE/TOM WOODS DRIVESHAFT

Unread post by DOUG »

Widow Maker wrote:Friend's shop got the Retainer case piece installed after removing the broken one on my Rubicon 4:1 Transfer Case and T-Case is already installed on my Jeep. They pulled my Tom Woods driveshaft and Rob sent it back to Tom Woods last week to get it sized and have the Rubicon flange installed on it. Going to set me back $160 for this service which I don't feel is bad at all - they will also clean and grease it as well.

I called Tom Woods Company myself last week to find out what they needed from me to make these mods and I was happy to speak to the man and the legend himself - Tom Woods - he picked up the phone and we had the nicest chat - he is so helpful and a gentleman!

Troy at Tom Woods called me today to tell me they have the shaft and just needed the length in order to make the mods on the driveshaft which turned out to be 19 3/4's. I have to say their service is great so far!

Yukon Chromoly replacement front axle shafts was installed as well while we are waiting for the drive shaft. My Jeep should be good to go after driveshaft is reinstated. Then just waiting for her owner to take her out on the trail and see how she will perform!
:like:
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
ArticRubi
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ArticRubi »

It's reviews like these about Woods' service that led me to pony up the extra $$ and go with their drivelines after I blew my front up.
:like:
midniteryder
Jeep Model: KK Liberty

Unread post by midniteryder »

Widow Maker wrote:Friend's shop got the Retainer case piece installed after removing the broken one on my Rubicon 4:1 Transfer Case and T-Case is already installed on my Jeep. They pulled my Tom Woods driveshaft and Rob sent it back to Tom Woods last week to get it sized and have the Rubicon flange installed on it. Going to set me back $160 for this service which I don't feel is bad at all - they will also clean and grease it as well.

I can't wait to see how the Widowmaker performs now Carol! :music-rockout: :banana-guitar: Congratulations!!!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

My TWD is the second one Ive had built . The first one gave me no issues at all - ever ! It was 14& 3/8th inches. The new one is 21 inches even. Mona Has grown over the last 14 months. Im shooting for the camp out weekend coming up in August. Cant wait to see yall ! FjR68
Widow Maker
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Widow Maker »

Free shipping back to me and also set me back only $100 from what they originally quoted - that was it for all the mods they did on it! Very happy and impressed with them as I said before!

Will be good to see you Frank next month as well!